Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a personal or family history of bleeding disorders or bruising easily?
- Are you taking any prescription or nonprescription medicines? Bring a complete list of your medicines with you to your appointment.
- Do you take any vitamins or dietary supplements? Describe your diet.
- Have you had any recent injuries or blood transfusions?
- Have you had any nosebleeds, bleeding gums, blood in the urine, unusual or unexpected heavy menstrual flow, or fever?
- Have you had any recent illness or changes in your health?
- Have you recently traveled outside the country or to a rural area?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 21, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine