Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- Have you had any vision changes, increased pain in the eye, or increased sensitivity to light?
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what caused the problem at the time? How was it treated?
- Do you wear contact lenses or eyeglasses?
- Does anyone in your family or at your workplace have signs of an eye infection, such as drainage from the eye or red and swollen eyes?
- Have you been exposed to fumes or chemicals?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference December 23, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine