Head Injury, Age 4 and Older
- Wear your seat belt when in a motor vehicle. Use Reference child car seats.
- Reference Help your child prevent injury during sports and other activities.
- Do not use alcohol or other drugs before participating in sports or when operating a motor vehicle or other equipment.
- Wear a helmet and other protective clothing whenever you are biking, motorcycling, skating, skateboarding, kayaking, horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding, or rock climbing.
- Wear a hard hat if you work in an industrial area.
- Do not dive into shallow or unfamiliar water.
- Reference Prevent falls in your home by removing hazards that might cause a fall.
- Do not keep guns in your home. If you must keep guns, lock them up and store them unloaded. Lock ammunition in a separate area.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference November 16, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine