Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
What Increases Your Risk
IBS tends to be more common in:
- People in their late 20s.
- People who have panic disorder or other psychological conditions.
- People who have a family history of IBS.
- People who have a history of physical or sexual abuse or other psychological trauma. Several studies have found a link between a past history of abuse and gastrointestinal disorders.Reference 3
- People who have other conditions such as depression, migraine headaches, and fibromyalgia.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference November 5, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Arvydas D. Vanagunas, MD - Gastroenterology