What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Reference Hormone therapy Opens New Window after menopause.
- Birth control pills, patches, or rings and other forms of hormonal birth control.
- Having a test that uses a radioactive substance, such as a Reference bone scan Opens New Window, within 1 week before the test.
- Medicines, such as clomiphene or steroids (for example, prednisone).
- High levels of sugar in the urine caused by Reference diabetes Opens New Window.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 4, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Sarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Siobhan M. Dolan, MD, MPH - Reproductive Genetics