Ringworm of the Skin
What Increases Your Risk
Your risk of getting ringworm is higher if:
- You come in contact with a person who has a fungal infection or with a carrier, a person who has the fungi but does not have symptoms.
- You are susceptible to fungal infections or you have had a previous fungal infection.
- You have an Reference impaired immune system Opens New Window due to a disease such as diabetes or cancer.
- You live in a warm, damp climate.
- You wear tight-fitting clothes or you let your skin stay damp for long periods, such as by staying in a wet bathing suit or sweaty workout clothes.
- You are a wrestler.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference March 21, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Alexander H. Murray, MD, FRCPC - Dermatology