Leg Problems, Noninjury
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- When did the symptoms occur? What were you doing when the symptoms started?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- Have you had similar symptoms before? When? How were they treated?
- Do any activities related to sports, work, or your lifestyle make your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you think that activities related to your job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- Have you had a recent surgery or prolonged bed rest?
- Have you recently had an extended period of inactivity, such as while traveling by plane or car?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 19, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine