Swollen Glands and Other Lumps Under the Skin
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did you first notice the lump or swollen gland?
- Has the lump changed? Has it gotten bigger or smaller? Has the color of the lump changed?
- Have you had any recent illness or injury?
- Have you had a similar problem in the past in the same area
or a different area?
- Were your symptoms evaluated?
- Was there a diagnosis?
- How was it treated?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you taken or used? Did they help?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference April 14, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine