Mouth and Dental Injuries
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being ready to answer the following questions:
- How and when did the injury happen?
- Have you had a mouth or dental injury in the past? How was it treated? Do you have any problems now that were caused by the injury?
- What mouth or dental appliances do you wear?
- What first aid or home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried. Did they help?
- What makes the symptoms better or worse?
- What is your routine for taking care of your teeth and gums?
- Have you had regular dental care? When did you last see your dentist?
- Were alcohol or illegal drugs involved with your injury?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference July 20, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference David Messenger, MD