Better Care at Lower Costs
Should I Have Surgery to Treat My Health Problem?
Review the questions to ask about surgery in the topic Reference Smart Decisions: Know Your Options. Get as much information about the surgery as you can, and consider your needs and values. Seek a Reference second opinion Opens New Window. If you are not convinced that the benefits to you outweigh the risks and costs, don't have the surgery.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference September 25, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Anne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
- Topic Overview
- Should I See a Doctor About a Health Problem?
- Should I Have a Test to Diagnose My Health Problem?
- Should I Take Medicine to Treat My Health Problem?
- Should I Have Surgery to Treat My Health Problem?
- Do I Need to Go to the Emergency Room?
- Do I Need to Be Hospitalized?
- Should I See a Specialist About My Health Problem?
- Related Information