Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Reference Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being ready to answer the following questions:
- When did your throat symptoms begin?
- Do you have a fever? Describe your fever pattern.
- Do other family members, friends, or coworkers have similar complaints?
- Do you have other symptoms associated with the sore throat, such as a head cold?
- What makes the pain worse?
- Have you had your tonsils removed?
- Have you been diagnosed with strep throat in the past? How long ago? Was it found during a doctor visit, with a rapid strep test or with a throat culture? How was it treated?
- What Reference immunizations Opens New Window have you had?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any Reference health risks?
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference December 21, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Reference David Messenger, MD