Exams and Tests
Reference Pressure sores Opens New Window are usually diagnosed with a physical examination.
Tests to confirm a diagnosis may include a:
- Reference Skin and wound culture, to detect and identify organisms (bacteria or fungi) that may be infecting the skin or a wound.
- Blood tests such as Reference complete blood count (CBC) or Reference c-reactive protein (CRP), to check for infection.
- Blood tests such as Reference total serum protein, to see if you are getting enough protein in your diet.
- Reference Skin biopsy, if the cause of a skin problem is unknown or your doctor suspects skin cancer.
- Reference X-ray Opens New Window or other imaging study, such as Reference MRI Opens New Window, to see if the bone is infected.
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: Reference December 13, 2011|
|Medical Review:||Reference E. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Reference Margaret Doucette, DO - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Wound Care, Hyperbaric Medicine