Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling (Ovarian Diathermy) for PCOS
Risks of laparoscopy include:
- Infection of the incision.
- Bleeding from the incision.
- Internal bleeding.
- Accidental injury to internal organs or major blood vessels, from the laparoscope or surgical instruments.
- Pain after the procedure, from inflating the abdomen with gas.
- Problems caused by anesthesia.
- Adhesions or scarring inside the body.
Ovarian drilling may affect the number of eggs you have left or may cause early menopause. Talk to your doctor about these possible risks.Reference 1
|By:||Reference Healthwise Staff||Last Revised: February 7, 2012|
|Medical Review:||Reference Patrice Burgess, MD - Family Medicine
Reference Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology