Stories About Changing & Finding Normal
Finding normal is what we do when change happens in our life. It is perfectly natural to feel "off your game" when things change – whether the change is good or bad.
Losing friends, moving, falling in love, starting a new activity, getting a job, changing schools, or experiencing divorce all can disrupt your life. Small or large, these changes take a while for us to adjust to, and to find a new "normal."
That new normal may be what you expect or see in others, but it may be a new normal for you – which is different from others. Below you can read stories written by teens who experienced "finding a new normal."
- Belonging, by Madeline Macartney.
- A Positive Image, by Amrita Dixit.
- Finding a Sport Where I Belong, by Tina Ma.
- Finding My Niche, by Priya Kshirsagar.
- Moving to a New Place, by Abraham Wilson.
- A Stressful Choice, by Anonymous.
- When a Friend Moves Away, by Surya Brown-Moffitt.
- Sargun's Story About Race, by Sargun Kaur.
- Sarah's Story About Racial Identity, by Sarah Adams.
- Samantha's Story About Body Image, by Samantha Phan