Improving Your Body
Teenagers and young adults find pushing themselves physically to be very rewarding. It increases physical strength and provides you with energy. Below is a list of ten healthy ways to push your body to the extreme.
- Take up a school or club sport. This is an easy one with lots of choices out there.
- Go hiking. There are some great walks in the Bay Area. Get some fresh air!
- Join a gym.
- Create a new sport club, or get a group of friends to work out with.
- Sign up for a race (run, bike, swim, or triathlon to name a few) and begin training.
- Learn a new sport such as skateboarding, inline skating, or street hockey.
- Join an outside education group (or get a job there and get paid to exercise).
- Turn up the music on your stereo and dance in your room.
- Buy or borrow an exercise video and give it a try.
- Ride your bike to and from school and friends' houses – but remember to wear a helmet!
Back to top