Improving Your Spirit
Teenagers and young adults don't often think of this one when they consider pushing the limits. But spirituality is a healthy part of living – spiritual people tend to have less stress and a feeling of well-being. Below is a list of ten healthy ways to push your spirit to the extreme.
- Find new ways to be active in your church, synagogue, or mosque. Talk with your spiritual leader about things you can do.
- Volunteer for a community project – you'll help yourself by helping others (it makes you feel good inside – try it!).
- Read an inspiring book about a teenager who overcame a difficult situation.
- Talk to your grandparents about their teenage years and what was hard when they were growing up.
- Sit at the edge of the ocean and consider your place in the universe.
- Learn about a new religion or lifestyle.
- Take long walks by yourself.
- Lend an ear to a friend in need.
- Do something selfless and considerate each day.
- Write in a diary.
Back to top