Seven Stress Tips
Family problems, not enough time, trouble with friends – these are just a few of the many things that cause stress. These seven tips can help.
- Allow plenty of time. Being too busy is a big source of stress.
- Exercise. It's a great stress buster.
- Get plenty of rest and eat well. You'll be able to handle stress better when it does come up.
- Discuss your problems with a friend or family member.
- When stress hits big, take a time-out. A few minutes away from the problem can help.
- Breathe deeply – slowly in, slowly out. Think of something pleasant.
- Ask for help. If you feel like your stress is just too much, talk with your family, a friend, or a counselor.
This material is an excerpt from Stress: You can handle it. Copyright 1997 Journeyworks Publishing. All rights reserved. Reposted with permission. Please do not duplicate or reproduce by electronic or any other means without express permission from the publisher.