Bullies seem to exist everywhere. A bully is anyone who seems to feel powerful when they hurt or pick on someone else. They do not need a reason, just a target, or victim. If you are a target for a bully, below are a few things you can do.
- Avoid the bully and just stay away from him or her whenever possible.
- Walk, or run, away from the bully.
- Ask your friends to stick close. It is harder to pick on someone when they have friends standing up for them.
- Talk to an adult (parent, teacher, and counselor) and ask for help.
- Be assertive. Tell the bully to stop bothering you, that you do not like it, and will report the abuse if it continues.
- Find an adult to help right away.
- Encourage your friends not to take it and be assertive and tell the bully that his or her behavior is unacceptable.
Back to top