Dealing with Eating Disorders
Consider these facts:
- Fewer than 60% of women engage in physical activity at least three times a week.
- One out of five Americans order take-out food every day.
- In a 1996 survey, 56% of women and 43% of men disliked their overall appearance.
- Ninety percent of people with eating disorders are adolescents and young women.
- Fashion models weigh 23% less than the average female, yet many men and women still consider the underweight body type to be normal and healthy.
Below are links PAMF accessed when researching this topic. PAMF does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does PAMF guarantee the accuracy of the information contained on them.
These sites are developed and maintained by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Women's Health Information Center. These programs are designed to provide information for girls and women who would like to learn how to improve their health, start a physical activity program, eat better, learn about eating disorders, and learn about total mind/body wellness.
National Women's Health Information Center.