Alcohol is the most commonly used drug. If you make careless decisions regarding alcohol, you may be faced with serious consequences – including possible jail time, suspension of your driver's license, injury, or even death.
Recent statistics on college campuses nation wide show that alcohol is involved in:
- About 65 percent of all violent behavior.
- Almost 50 percent of all physical injuries.
- About 30 percent of all emotional difficulties among students.
- Almost 30 percent of all academic problems.
Below are links PAMF accessed when researching this topic. PAMF does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does PAMF guarantee the accuracy of the information contained on them.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD)
- Or call: 1-(800)-NCA-CALL.
AA: San Francisco & Marin Counties
AA: San Mateo County
AA: Santa Clara County
Alcohol: Looking Our for Your Friends, Stanford University: Vaden Health Center Resources.
Al-Anon Family Groups
- Or call: 1-(888)-4AL-ANON
[Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday-Friday]