Wellness Assessment for Youth to Get Organized! (WAY2GO!)
NOTE: The WAY2GO! Teen Health Assessment will no longer be available after March 15, 2017.We hope it has been a valuable community resource over the last five years.
What is the WAY2GO!?
The WAY2GO! is an online wellness assessment tool generating immediate, individually tailored reports for people after questions about general health are answered.
These medically accurate health and wellness reports help people access quality information online and encourages people of all ages to make healthy choices, every day.
How It Works
What process will I go through with WAY2GO?
- On the first page, select "New User Registration"
- Register – sorry, this is a lot of information – remember it is confidential
- Complete each section and click "Save & Continue"
- Review your answers: Click "Edit Section" if you need to correct something
- Select "Save my answers and view my report"
- Review each section of your report
- Go to your dashboard and select a goal to track
Who has used WAY2GO locally?
In 2010 the WAY2GO! was pilot tested by more than 250 teenagers from high schools in Santa Clara County, California.
The feedback has been extremely positive and schools, community groups and medical practices have been using this program WAY2GO! program as an integral part of their own wellness initiatives. Since the pilot test, more than 1,300 people have completed one of the WAY2GO! versions.
Why is this survey a good resource for teen health?
The habits formed during adolescence are the best indicator of future health, so PAMF is committed to empowering people with the information needed to make healthy everyday decisions and form the best habits possible.
How is my privacy protected if I complete the WAY2GO!?
- All wellness assessment surveys are confidential and will not be connected to any personally identifiable information
- Data collected over time will be placed in a database to compare local survey results with Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) or state-level California Healthy Kids health data
- Annual reports (with combined data only) can be generated to provide a more accurate picture of health issues relevant to local youth and is available at no cost to schools and other groups as part of PAMF's ongoing commitment to community health education
How is teen data used?
School or medical groups may ask teens to complete the WAY2GO! survey and participate in the program in order to get a snapshot about health of all students at the school or in a doctor's medical practice.
PAMF will only provide aggregate summaries (summaries of all the participants data compiled together) once a year. No individual answers will ever be shared.
We do encourage you to share your report with your doctor, if you wish by taking a printed copy of the report to your next appointment or you can log in with your doctor to view the report in his or her office.
The development of the WAY2GO! for teens was supported by a grant from The Health Trust, a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance health and wellness in Silicon Valley.
The WAY2GO! Preteen Family was developed in 2012 with a grant from the Safeway Foundation and is being evaluated with a second grant in 2013.
Interested in more information?
Slide Presentation on Program, Slideshare website, opens to new window
Watch our videos!
See how the Way2Go! system works with these short videos on YouTube
Cafeteria -- Get text messages on healthy tips for eating well.
Everyday reminders -- Get text messages about everyday healthy ways of living.