Pediatric Weight Management Program
"PAMF’s "Healthy eating. Active lifestyles." class provides a very positive and encouraging environment for parents to air their concerns and come up with solutions that work for them." – Parent participant in recent PAMF "Healthy Eating. Active Lifestyles."
Healthy eating. Active lifestyles. – Helping Your Child Enjoy a Healthy Life
Are you or your doctor worried about your child being overweight? Join our seven-week class for parents of children ages 2 to 12 to learn practical, problem solving techniques for creating a positive eating and activity environment for your child, as well as practical tools for dealing with behavioral issues.
Through the program, you will learn how to:
- Create a positive eating environment during meal times and snacks
- Use creative solutions to encourage regular physical activity
- Identify and foster healthy eating habits
- Implement positive parenting techniques to support the child toward optimum health
- Improve the family’s relationship through family meals and interactive activities
For cost information, as well as dates and registration information visit our education calendar:
Sign up for the next "Healthy eating. Active lifestyles." class series at a PAMF location near you.
Introduction to Feeding Dynamics, Positive Discipline and the Division of Responsibility
Communication with Your Child and Parenting Approaches
Family Meals and Kid’s Perspective
Practical Application – Nutrition and Meal Planning
Focus on Solutions