The Palo Alto Medical Foundation's (PAMF) medical team provides patients of the weight loss surgery program with various resources. This section includes general guidelines for diet and exercise, as well as recommended Web sites for additional support. However, patients should speak directly to their health care providers for specific information about their personal health care.
Visit the following Web sites to learn more about bariatric surgery:
- American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Helpful information on all aspects of bariatric surgery.
- American Obesity Association. Information for the public and health professionals regarding health effects of obesity and treatment.
- Obesity on-line. A comprehensive site with much information regarding treatment of obesity.
- .Weight-control Information Network (WIN). Reputable and reliable U.S. government-sponsored site with good information on obesity, its prevalence, effects and treatments.
- Obesity Law and Advocacy Center. An advocacy practice devoted to representing the interests of morbidly obese persons in health care and discrimination matters.
Back to top