Virginity & First-Time Sex
How do you know if you're ready for intimacy with another person? Different acts of intimacy may impact you in profound ways – whether it's hugging, holding hands, sharing your first kiss, touching, having oral sex, or "going all the way" with your partner. Ultimately, how far you go with your partner is a choice that you should make for yourself – the decision should not be influenced by someone else and you shouldn't feel pressured any one way either.
This section contains different articles to help ensure that you and your partner are both ready for the next step in your relationship – such as information about protecting you and your partner against potential diseases/infections and that both of you are also prepared for potential responsibilities that result from sexual acts (e.g. unplanned pregnancy).
- Am I Ready? (Teen)*
- Preparing for Your First Time (Teen)
- The Big Moment: Your First Sexual Experience (Teen)
- Common Sex-Related Disappointments (Teen)
- Not Everyone's Doing "It"
- Gender Pressures & Virginity (Teen)
- What is "Second Virginity"? (Teen)
* (Teen) - These links go to the Teen health site, where content is shared between young adults and teens.
Back to top