Benefits of Masturbation for Teens
What is Masturbation?Masturbation also known as solo sex, self-pleasuring, solitary sex or self-love, and refers to touching your own sex organs for pleasure.
Regardless of age, gender, culture, religion, or race, masturbation has been found in all societies.
Why Do People Masturbate?
- To learn about what feels good to them and how they like to be stimulated or pleasured
- To experience pleasure
- To relieve tension (sexual tension or general tension)
- To relieve stress
- To engage in sex when a partner is unavailable or does not want to have sex
- To relax
Are There Side Effects?There are no harmful side effects of masturbation. However, some people report feeling guilty about masturbating and negative feelings associated with any behavior can threaten a person’s health and well being.
Health Benefits of MasturbationA number of studies have proven the benefits of self-pleasuring to mental, social and physical health:
- Masturbation provides a healthy sexual outlet for people who choose to abstain from sex with partners or who do not currently have available sexual partners.
- It can be a route to safer sex, to help prevent pregnancy, and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
- Masturbation can induce sleep.
- It allows people to become familiar and comfortable with their body.
- Masturbation can help alleviate stress.
- It is a source of pleasurable sexual arousal.
- Masturbation acts as a substitute for the satisfaction of unattainable or inappropriate sexual needs or goals.
Can a Person Become Addicted or Masturbate Too Much?Yes, it can be considered an addiction if it interferes with other aspects of your life, such as relationships, school or work or hinders you from fulfilling your regular commitments and responsibilities.
Back to top